How We Review Online Casinos in UK
At KingCasinoBonus, we review UK online casinos using a strict system created by our founder and chief editor, Ionut Catalin Marin. Our method gives you the information to raise winning odds & make informed choices.
Why Trust the King Casino Bonus Review System?
You can trust our review system because we test the casinos ourselves, using real accounts, so our reviews are informed by true player experience.
While testing the sites, we evaluate the aspects that really affect your gameplay and winning odds, including casino security protocols, KYC processes, user experience on the platform, game selections, payment providers and transaction speed, the transparency of casino terms, loyalty programs, and the casino’s offers.
Multiple casino experts check the reviews before they are published, based on a thorough policy. They ensure we only give relevant information that is easily accessible.
Here are the resources we invest in every online casino review on our website:
- 8 strict selection factors, evaluated and described in every review
- 2 specialists that test and review the casino
- 2 experts, including our chief editor, Ionut Catalin Marin, check the casino review before publication
- 8-10 hours of testing every casino we review
- 6-8 hours in creating and checking each casino review
- Between £10 and £100 to test and review each casino deposit and withdrawal method, looking at payment security, speed, and limits
- An average of £80 in checking game betting limits
- £1 to £50 to claim the casino’s promotions and check their true value, terms, and security.
Our Review in Numbers
|Live accounts per casino review
|No. of QA experts / casino review
|No. of tested casino sites
|No. of casinos reviewed
|Average deposit per casino review
|Average withdrawal per casino review
How We Test a UK Online Casino
- We research the casino’s UKGC licensing and reputation using our internal resources and specialised tools.
- Our team creates a live casino account to test the registration process.
- We verify every account to evaluate the efficiency and duration of the KYC process.
- We navigate the casino website on laptops, tablets and smartphones to evaluate its mobile optimisation, loading speed, and responsiveness, especially during the busiest times.
- Our experts check for any glitches and analyse the graphics, design and layout of the platform, to ensure you can navigate it easily.
- We check the number and diversity of the available games, including the reputation of the software providers on the casino website.
- Our team tests 10 games in every available category, to verify minimum and maximum bets, game features, and functionality.
- We interact with the casino’s support team through all the means available, to check how they work, how fast they respond, and how reliable they are.
- Our team claims multiple bonuses from each casino, including sign-up bonuses, free spins, and reload offers to assess their terms, playthrough requirements, and their true value.
- We analyse the withdrawal process of the casino, by cashing out different amounts and evaluating the banking options available, withdrawal processing speed, limits, and any added fees.
- We compare our test results to our standards. If a casino meets our standards we use all the information we collected to create accurate, comprehensive, and objective casino reviews.
When is a Casino Deemed Top?
We deem an online casino as top value for our website when it achieves a rating of 4/5 on all 8 evaluation standards.
This means that the casino must provide a high-quality experience involving its usability, payment methods and speed, customer support, loyalty program, licensing, bonus selection and game variety, specifically slots and live dealer titles.
Our experts don’t just settle for sites that meet our standards. They require a casino to exceed our expectations by delivering unique experiences or excelling at one of our rating criteria in order to list them on our best online casinos UK page.
What Happens When We Deem a Casino Bad?
When a casino is deemed bad, we don’t list it on our website and we don’t create a casino review for it, to maintain our process transparent, accurate, and objective:
- Our reviews are objective, so your needs are the only factors that influence our casino recommendations.
- Our reviews are accurate, so we cannot recommend a casino that we deem unsafe or unsatisfactory through our rating system.
- We remain transparent in our reviews, so we point out every negative aspect, even in the casinos that make it through our selection process.
We explain more in-depth why we choose to adhere to these principles in our editorial policy.
Types of Reviews We Create
We create two types of reviews: individual casino reviews and collective reviews of casino categories.
In individual casino reviews, we provide in-depth evaluations of one single casino and the specific payment policy, the type of security granted by the casino, the particular games available, its offers, assistance and usability on multiple devices. While these reviews also compare the casino with its competitors, the focus remains on what the site offers to UK players.
Our casino category reviews provide information about the sites that meet your specific preferences in gambling.
For instance, we list together casinos with low minimum deposits, sites that provide the top titles for a game category, such as the best slots sites, and other categories that cater to your specific areas of interest.
These types of reviews by category aim to help you find the most suitable casinos for your specific needs.
Scoring the Best Online Casinos in UK
We score the best online casinos in the UK based on an 8-factor standard system. Our experts calculate a score between 3 and 5 according to how many of our requirements the casino meets for a specific factor, like bonus selection or payments.
Casinos that score 5 in any of the areas we evaluate meet all of our quality standards for that specific factor.
We don’t list casinos that score less than 3 on any of the 8 evaluation factors.
|Our Scoring System
|Look & Feel
|Live Casino Games
|One promotion type
not mobile optimized, confusing navigation
|Max 300 slots, max 3 providers, 1-2 Slot types available
|Max 50 games, max 2 providers,
2-3 game types
|+5 working days
|1 assistance mode, not 24/7, chatbots
|No loyalty programme, no loyalty benefits
|3/5 to 3.5/5
|+2 promotion types, high wagering
|Slow-loading, glitches, intuitive navigation, optimised for mobile browser
|300-500 slots, 5 providers, 3 Slot types available
|50-80 games, 3 providers,
4 game types
|3-5 working days
|2 assistance modes, not 24/7, chatbots
|Invite-only loyalty programme, 1-2 loyalty benefits
|3.5/5 to 4/10
|+3 promotion types, high wagering
|Average loading, no glitches, intuitive navigation, optimised for mobile browser
|300-500 slots, 7 providers, 4 Slot types available,
|50-80 games, 4 providers,
+4 game types, limited bets
|3 working days
|2 assistance modes, not 24/7, human assistants
|Invite-only loyalty programme, +3 loyalty benefits
|4/5 to 4.5/5
|+3 promotion types, varied wagering
|Fast loading, no glitches, intuitive navigation, optimised for mobile browser, 1 desktop/ mobile app
|500-700 slots, 7 providers, +4 Slot types available,
|80-100 games, 4 providers,
+4 game types, limited bets
|2 working days
|3 assistance modes, not 24/7, human assistants
|Tiered loyalty programme, +3 loyalty benefits
|4.5/5 to 5/5
|+4 promotion types, low wagering
|Fast loading, no glitches, intuitive navigation, optimised for mobile browser, +2 desktop/ mobile apps
|+700 slots, 7 providers, +4 Slot types available,
|+100 games, +4 providers,
+4 game types, flexible bets
|+3 assistance modes, 24/7, human assistants
|Tiered loyalty programme, +3 loyalty benefits, Comp points available
When we rate the bonus section of an online casino, we check if it is sufficiently varied to apply to all UK player types and to multiple game categories.
We provide the highest scores if bonuses have low wagering conditions, and fair & clear terms.
Looks & Feel
To give a maximum score for the look & feel of an online casino, we require sites to load quickly, have no glitches, work perfectly on mobile browsers and provide several apps. They also need to have a good design and we should be able to navigate the platform easily.
We give the highest score for the slot games selection of an online casino if there are over 700 titles, if we find 4 or more slot types available, the games are created by at least 7 reliable providers, and if their features and betting limits are varied.
We also make sure the games are fair and random.
Live Casino Games
Top live casino games ratings belong to the sites where we test and find +100 titles in at least 4 different live dealer game categories, developed by 4 or more trustworthy developers. We also check the quality of the broadcasting and the proficiency of the dealers.
Betting limits should be flexible enough to cater to high rollers and to low-budget players.
For our experts to give a rating of 5, online casinos must process payout requests within a day. The best fast payout casinos we list also provide secure payment methods that also process transactions within a few hours.
When rating the customer service of an online casino we check that there are at least three different modes in which you can receive assistance: by email, phone, and live chat. For a top score, at least one of these methods must be available 24/7 with access to reliable human operators.
For our maximum rating of 5 for loyalty, casinos must provide a comprehensive programme, with clear tiers and a fair comp points or redeemable loyalty points system. Other benefits that must be present include a VIP account manager and personalised offers or games.
Due to UKGC regulations, UK casinos should not advertise their loyalty programs. Check our casino reviews to find out if the casino you want to sign up with offers this type of program and how good it is.
We provide a score of 5 for all casinos with a UKGC license, because we only list UKGC-licensed sites. We don’t select casinos that score less than 5 in Licensing, because that means they are not regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
Why We Only List UKGC-Approved Casinos
We only list UKGC-licensed online casinos because a casino can only receive and maintain its UK Gambling Commission licence if it is trustworthy and if it adheres to rules that protect UK players.
To be licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, casinos must promote responsible gambling, help struggling players, offer transparent terms, fair games, safe transactions, and a high level of player data security, among other important aspects.
And the UK Gambling Commission performs regular checks to make sure that these rules are respected.
Essentially, the UKGC licence is a guarantee that the casinos you find on KingCasinoBonus are legitimate and safe.
Selecting Top UK Online Casinos by Type
We select the top UK online casinos based on the type of player requirements that they meet best. Our chief editor and main expert, Ionut Catalin Marin, personally verifies the selection process of online casinos by type of player and category.
These are the most common categories by which we select top-performing UK casinos:
When selecting the online casinos with the best reputation, we first make sure they are licensed by the UKGC. Then, we ensure they apply top security encryptions to protect your data and funds.
We also look for game fairness certifications from independent auditors, as is the case with eCOGRA casinos, and consider the amount of time in which they’ve maintained a positive reputation in the industry.
By game software providers
We choose the sites with top titles from the industry’s most reputable providers. When creating specialised lists of Netent casinos or Playtech casino selections, we also look at betting limits, game features, and how many new titles from a specific provider you can access.
By payment methods
When we pick the top casinos for specific payment methods, like our Visa casinos list and Mastercard casinos selection, we make sure their payment policies also make your Visa or Mastercard transactions easy and convenient.
By the provided sign-up bonuses
Our experts select and constantly update our top UK casinos that offer the best sign-up casino bonuses list with sites where you can find multiple sign-up options, like no deposit required offers, free spins on registration, and welcome packages.
We consider these bonuses the best because they have low wagering requirements, and high value.
How to Use Our Expert Verdicts and Comparisons
- Go to the end of each review section to find our experts’ verdicts. These are short paragraphs in which we conclude our analysis about a casino’s bonus selection, slot games list, and each of the other rating standards.
- Look for the advantages and disadvantages that we point out in our verdicts to get an accurate perspective of the reviewed casino section.
- Pay attention to the recommendations provided by our experts in these verdicts. We give free professional guidance on how to overcome specific issues or what details to take into account.
- Go to the end of the casino review to find our overall verdict about a casino. This will give you a balanced picture of the site’s main strengths and weaknesses.
- Complete the information you receive in our verdicts with our comparison tables at the beginning of our casino reviews and in the payments section. These comparisons show you how the site performs next to other similar websites.
- Use our comparisons to find alternative casinos that meet your needs and preferences better.
King Casino Bonus: Your Reliable Source of UK Casino Reviews
Ionut Catalin Marin advises you to use KingCasinoBonus as your reliable source for casino reviews because it provides all the essential information in a simple format, so you can make informed and safe decisions based on your preferences.
Our unbiased casino reviews are created after extensive research, first-hand experience of the casino with the help of live accounts, and thorough examination of our industry specialists. We design every review to get you the important facts quickly and to highlight possible issues, essential advice, and suitable alternatives.
With the casino reviews on our website, it takes seconds to get the latest updates on a specific site, expert verdicts and evaluations, and extensive data to inform your decisions, raise your odds and improve your gaming experience.