Editorial Publishing Policy
Here you will find the mission and strategies of KingCasinoBonus described and thoroughly explained. This publishing policy was created by our editorial team led by founder and CEO Ionut Catalin Marin.
We leave no detail aside, starting from the extensive research we engage in to our writing steps and our fundamental reasoning. We also give you a glimpse into our team’s common values, which we have transformed into publishing ethics.
These common values that our teammates share bring us close together and hold the quality of our products at a high standard. We also maintain a constant strive for self-improvement.
Our Editorial Team
KingCasinoBonus supplies casino review content and bonus recommendations from our experience:
- Our content is spearheaded by our founder and CEO Ionut Catalin Marin. With over 7 years of industry experience, Ionut serves as the chief reviewer ensuring our content is transparent and objective.
- Vlad George Nita, our Chief QA Manager, rigorously checks every piece of content for accuracy before publication. Vlad brings 5+ years of iGaming expertise to keep our information fully vetted.
- Experts like Alexandra Camellia Dedu and Antonia Catana compose our in-depth casino and bonus reviews. Our casino experts have tested 100+ gambling sites first-hand.
- Our editorial staff carefully reviews and updates all content regularly to keep information current. This team ensures we provide players with the latest facts.
Our Editorial Standards
It is very important to us to stay transparent with our users. For this reason, we shall go into details regarding our writing guidelines and beliefs to make our mission statements clear.
For details on where our income originates, you can visit our page on how we make our money. There you will find an in-depth presentation of our monetisation policies, their extent, and relation to our process overall.
The cornerstones of our editorial policies
- Our mission statements
- Author responsibilities
- Our guiding principles
- What sources we consult
- Our own data collection
- Building trust through marketing analysis
- The route of our reviews
- Staying up to date
Our mission statements
The general mission of KingCasinoBonus is to better inform British gamblers and help them make better more reasonable choices in an ever-changing market. To realize this overarching goal, we adhere to three guiding principles.
The three guidelines of KingCasinoBonus
- Players always need to play safe.
- Casinos always need to stick to fair play.
- Marketing should not be misleading.
Only after we check all these points on the list do we advertise a brand. So, you can make sure you will find secure and suitable casino experiences every time you use our product.
Authorship is of great importance for our standards and, of course, for our readers. Thus, we have collectively decided on mutual responsibilities that we do our best to follow at all times.
- Making substantial contributions: We know that time is money and that especially our readers’ time is valuable. This is why we prioritise ease of access and clarity We try to make our texts easy to read in a way that is not straining for you time-wise. It is also important for us to create meaningful reviews, separating the hard facts from the attractive albeit hollow marketing schemes.
- Correct data interpretation: The information we collect in our research phases comes from both internal efforts and third-party sources. Our commitment to you is that our data-based conclusions are purely informative and unbiased. Suppose we see that there was an error in data collection or data interpretation. In that case, we will revise our texts and mention our corrections.
- Taking accountability: The authors care deeply about the expediency of their end developments and content. Thus, the team takes responsibility for the casino content they put out. However, our reviews are a reflection of the site’s terms and policies. If there is an error or a purposefully misleading, our team cannot prevent such things from slipping through the cracks of their analysis.
- Setting the record straight: Again, there may be situations where the things we initially published need corrections. Corrections are different from periodic updates. They relate more to certain important casino facts that affect you directly, where having them wrong may lead to a negative impact. We keep an eye on the platforms we have already reviewed. You can make sure we change the erroneous details right away.
- Clearing up our interest: KingCasinoBonus is not owned by any casino website or casino corporation. This entails that we are not positively or negatively biased toward any of the brands listed on our pages. This gives us the freedom to operate objectively and bring you the clear facts you need in your gambling in concordance with our aim.
Our guiding principles
When we first started this venture, we sat down and discussed the path we wanted to take. Since we all have in common the rigour of academic research and learning, we decided to keep that as a guiding light.
Thus, our values are inspired by scholarly standards, upheld internationally.
Inspired by this, we create a more compact rulebook that we follow rigorously. We will provide an overview of our criteria, along with the motives behind them and our approaches to upholding these standards.
|We believe that players deserve the right to be correctly informed.
|To do so, we make no compromise when reviewing both the good and bad aspects of casinos.
|This is a passion project aimed at guiding gambler that needs to exterior influence.
|We are not owned by any online casino or online casino trust. We act independently.
|Players deserve to lay back and not worry about data and privacy issue or financial issues.
|Our site follows the guidelines of the EU GDPR legislation.
|Gambling should only be an enjoyable past-time.
|We always tell you how to maintain a balanced approach to safe gambling.
One of our main goals is to be a source of entertainment and fair gaming in the online casino market of the UK, while led by the concepts in this table.
The sources we consult
Our editorial process is built upon certain strategies that we have, where research is one of the top priorities. Even so, it is vital to remind you that both our cited sources and our unique texts are checked by specialists and associates, to ensure the checkmark of peer-reviews.
Sources our reviewers prioritise
|Our methods of analysis
|How does it help you?
|We take the statements of the UKGC as our navigation manual, no exceptions made.
|You can be certain that the products displayed on our site follow the legislative bodies of the UK.
|We consult the local and international press to scan the multiple opinions of the industry.
|You know that all of our texts are unbiased compilations of multiple perspectives.
|In a joint effort to make the best editorial decisions, we analyse the business side of major casinos.
|If you know more about a business, you will feel more comfortable making a gaming decision based on numbers.
|Sociological, mathematical, and psychological data are of utmost importance in our industry, so we keep up with the newest reports.
|Knowing what the trends are can allow you to make suitable and even profitable gambling decisions in the long run.
The gambling industry has many facets, all of equal importance. In cases where an aspect is out of our field of expertise as iGaming specialists, we reach out to specialists for their insights. This is done, however, only after extensive, independent research.
Other facets of our research
- The United Kingdom Gambling Commission is the top trusted and consulted gambling authority by us.
- The London Stock Exchange is where we get all the information about major casino trusts and their holdings.
- For statistical data, we look at the official governmental website, gov.uk as well as resources like statista.com.
What types of sources do we consult? Here are two examples
- The National Center for Biotechnology Information, a government health source used for studying papers on pathological gambling.
- The open sources of the Oxford University Press, particularly the Oxford Academics Journal hub, again look for sociological, psychological, and anthropological insights upon offline and online gambling.
The previous examples are just illustrations of the type of expertise we consult in the field of gambling or in the area adjacent to it.
Our own data collection
Because our team is made up of people who know the industry inside-out and stay engaged with the latest update, we have sufficient resources to come up with our own data. It mostly comes from four facets.
The resources we can access
- The engagement and usage of readers on our site;
- The comments and reactions we receive from our users;
- Our own personal and collective experience;
- The live courses and webinars we participate in.
The data that we collect and use on our pages will be highlighted as such. The rest of the sources we use to illustrate or back up certain concepts will be linked with the original source, usually at the end of or page, under references.
The route of our reviews
Our casino reviews are written by experts like Alexandra Camellia Dedu and Antonia Catana, who have tested 100+ gambling sites first-handHere is an illustrated presentation of our review process that roughly applies to all versions of our casino, bonus, or land-based venue reviews.
- Researchers: Our research division of casino reviewers is always on the lookout for new platforms and opportunities. After they make the initial decision that a place is worthwhile, the next step is put forward.
- Casino experts: This is our ‘detective’ squad, always ready to employ analytical skills like deduction and induction to bring you the facts you need to know before gambling. All is done by passionate gamblers. One of our strongest assets is our inter-member communication. It is also one of the most used strategies in our editorial process. This way, the end product you use will reflect the opinions and judgement of several people.
- Cooperative analysis: Before we finish any review, we sit down and brainstorm the improvements we can make to create a fair and useful text. This is the moment when we delve deep into data analysis, market comparison, linguistic choices, and other techniques.
- Website editors: They are the gatekeepers of our platform and the ones that organise the reviews and bonuses on the formats you are familiar with. Vlad George Nita, our Chief QA Manager, rigorously fact-checks every casino review before publication.
Staying up to date
We know that, when playing in an online environment, things can change quite rapidly. It can be overwhelming and tough to keep an eye on the latest changes constantly. We do the investigations for you.
How does that reflect in our product? Our content is subject to change and correction in three notable cases.
What can change
- Make a correction by changing some old line. For instance, if a casino extends the period of time in which they allow for KYC from 3 days to 5, we will let you know.
- Make a retraction. In case we discover a serious issue after we have published a review, offer, or article, we will remove the old information from the site. This will be followed by a statement on what changed and why.
- Important pages, as well as casino deals, will be updated constantly and consistently. You can check when the latest modification was, on the page, near the title.
The most important aspects will be highlighted in our text or will be presented in one of our attentional messages. We do not stop there!
Whenever possible, our team participates in events, courses, and webinars on matters of online gambling. This way, we broaden our horizons and exchange knowledge, tips, and facts with fellow associates.
Types of Reviews
There are three types of pages you will find across our website. Additionally, our team publishes three variants of product or service reviews. These do overlap, but there are key differences that model our overall process and approaches.
The variants of content you will read
- Casino reviews
- Casino bonus reviews – In these listed content pages, you can find a thorough breakdown of the quality of various promotional materials. Our bonus reviews are composed by casino experts Antonia Catana and Alexandra Camellia Dedu, who analyze the bonus terms transparently.
- Informational pages – They include general guiding content that covers everything from player guides to blog entries and responsible gambling information. All gambling guides and blog content are created by various authors in our editorial team and fact-checked by Ionut Catalin Marin, aiming to educate players
- Land-based casino reviews
It is only after we create a regular gaming account and make our deposits that we start collecting our data. This means that our experience, which bases on our texts, is similar to yours as a regular gambler.
The online casino review
Each partnered brand publicly displayed on our page undergoes meticulous analysis by our experts. All reviews have to hit specific points of interest for you as a gambler. We start off by researching the casino’s owner company, information that matters in terms of trustworthiness.
We then extend to more unique features like the game variety displayed and which providers it comes from. We move next to casino bonuses, transaction opportunities, the efficiency of customer support, data collection, and other miscellaneous details that interest you.
Why we focus on virtual casinos
According to Statista research, ‘online casino’ is the most searched gaming-related term in the last several years. Thus we have prioritised analyses of online casinos to best answer customer demands.
We want to be the source of fair and fruitful information about online gambling. You might have noticed that in each of our reviews, we employ similar strategies. It is time to take them one by one and further explain them.
What we look into
|Manual and anonymous registrations
|KYC process & time
|Real-document KYC completion
|Real money gambling tests
|Real money gambling tests
|Depositing real money via multiple methods
|Attempts to withdraw real accessible funds
|Complete claiming and use procedures
|Comparisons based on objective data
Each casino review will include a presentation table of the standard elements encountered, as well as the methods used for testing.
Our added value
We believe that the entire process is a valuable addition to the British gambling industry. However, there are five concrete ways in which we properly add to the presentation of a product.
Consider these as advice from players to players. These are pocket-sized bits of information related to a particular casino characteristic. These can be your shortcuts to the essentials of a platform and how its policies may affect you.
For example, you might find a tip about what are the options to self-exclude and which one is faster.
For instance, knowing that you do not want to wait long to receive your wins, one of our teammates may recommend you try to cash with an e-wallet service.
During the course of a normal casino investigation, we may find things that will affect your sessions in an unchangeable manner. We highlight them separately, so you know what to avoid doing. The topics include payments, fees, or account suspensions.
Take for instance how all casinos are against one punter owning more than one account. We will warn you that such a violation will end in a permanent ban.
A tunnel-vision analysis may be straining for you as a reader. That is why we banish monotony with small facts sprinkled in-between the vital information. Reading them could be a very easy way to learn more about the industry.
For example, when talking about a well-established casino, we will tell you if they participated in events of any kind or won any notable awards.
For instance, some casinos will have a daily win cap, and if you attain it, your bets will be frozen until the next day. You will find such aspects in the ‘Important’ paragraphs.
Can you find what you were looking for?
It is with this question at the back of our minds that we write and share our reviews. Since our experts are gamblers, they know what the basic thought process is. Usually, players look for good offers, mobile compatibility, safe environments, and a helpful customer support centre.
Now that we have established our way of casino site scrutiny, it is time to go forward with our bonus texts.
Land-based casino reviews
No less important are our on-site analyses of land-based casino venues, which we write after visiting them in-person. Ionut Catalin Marin, our founder, leads the reviewers’ team and confirms their observations, verdicts, ratings and insights owing to his longstanding experience in the industry.
The subject is considerably spinier and thus requires different approaches. Our derived review process for land-based casinos aims to cover all areas of concern, offered products and services, and create a trustable rating for brick-and-mortar venues.
The process entails anonymously visiting and actually gambling in each location we cover. Once we collect the required data, we provide informative and readable presentations of essential facets.
What we analyse for land-based casinos
- Slot machines and their quality
- Other casino table games and services
- The quality of service and staff ratings
- Loyalty and rewards programs
- The overall atmosphere encountered by our casino reviewers
- House rules, access policy, and participation terms
- Player and visitor reviews and feedback
- Operator details, trustability and quality
- Similarities and differences from comparisons with similar venues
We make these texts compact and filled with the most important aspects of an incentive. Thus, you will always see things like:
- Bonus funds;
- Max cap (whenever the casino states it);
This is not the only place to understand our bonus structure.In fact, we have already described each part, in detail, in our best casino bonuses page. There, you can always find the newest top-rated options for casino play, as we consistently refresh our lists.
Main types of analysed bonuses
- No deposit free spins
- Other no deposit bonuses
- Welcome bonuses
- First deposit bonus offers
- Promotions suited for specific games: slots offers, or live casino bonuses
- Many other niche bonuses
Beyond the objective use and pros and cons for a casino, you can read a condensed verdict that presents what and who the offer is best for.
This section considers all previous details and reduces our analysis to a clear and simple conclusion. You should always consider the verdict when deciding on opting into a bonus.
Blogs, Guides & Gambling Reports
Besides the marketing side of our quests, we also create pages that are aimed at educating punters to make better decisions. Sometimes, they also have the role of clearing up myths and misunderstandings.
The very page you are reading is an informational text and highlights the publishing standard for such content.
How informational pages add to product reviews? Whether we refer to player guides, informative content on responsible gambling, or general educative pages, the role of these publications is upholding and adding to our product reviews. The data we provide in the former is an extension of our casino or bonus analyses.
Thus, our secondary content adds to the first part of our mission, that of informing the gambler, in order to uphold the second aim, that of aiding our readers in their choices. Informational pages stand as proof of our earnest belief that only knowledge can create a better environment for players.
Why you can trust us
Our team is made up of people who know the industry from the perspective of gamblers. As the years passed, they were able to transform their hobby into knowledge that they now share with you.
We are also fair in the way we research and write. We always employ concrete anti-plagiarism strategies and give credit where it’s due through citations and external references.
Your Safety – Our Main Concern
Your security is of utmost importance to us at KingCasinoBonus, and especially to our CEO, Ionut Catalin Marin. This applies to your mental health, your budget, and your devices. Stick to this section to know more about:
- Safe gambling;
- Dispute handles;
- Gambling addiction solutions;
- Issues of transparency regarding gambling risk.
We cut no corners when it comes to this issue. We are unbiased and therefore, able to create a place for you to pick between safeguarded, tested options.
When it comes to the concepts we follow, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission is where we look for advice. They too keep your finances guarded by stating that casinos should always say in their terms what happens to your transferred funds in case of insolvency.
You have the right to have your money kept safe since casinos are currently on an upwards trend.
Read about the full extent of your rights and obligations as a gambler.
From 2006 and up to 2015, the gross wins of remote casinos expanded to billions of pounds.
What is the gross win of a company? The total amount of cash won over a limited period of time. It also depends on how much money the casino clients have staked during that period of time. After this number, the profit percentage is calculated.
John and his friends bet £100 in a week at Example1 Casino. At the end of that week, The House won £200 in total. The difference between the winnings and the staked money, i.e., £200 – £100 represents the gross win of £100.
The rights of online casinos
Even though the United Kingdom Gambling Commission is the handler of the industry, online casinos have the right to contest its decisions in a number of situations.
Extent of contestations
- Either license granting or license suspension;
- Changes to the terms of licenses.
- If you are a casino representative, you must know that making an appeal in court comes with a fee;
- A court decision can suspend or delay the decision of the commission.
Trusted sources to keep you protected
Just like we value and take pride in our independence, we want you to have yours at all times. That is why we tell you where to look for different kinds of information.
- General gambling issues: We cannot state this enough, but the most reliable source for UK gambling is the UKGC. They are your most trusted source of reports, corporate governance, and the best business strategies in the field. They also create and enforce the rules of fair play that will ultimately affect your casino session for the better.
- Finance issues: The best way to inform yourself about trustworthy finance tips is to listen to the national authorities. For this reason, you can check out the official governmental website and check out any tax obligations you may have in relation to gambling.
- Facts on gambling taxes: Income derived from gambling has no tax attached to it. Profits derived from owning a gambling establishment are taxed 15%. The current law that requires businesses to pay a tax on their earnings was changed in 2001, following the increase of offshore establishments in the Kingdom. Find out more in our analysis of gambling taxes in the UK.
- Information on gambling addiction: Even though we invest in a policy of safe and responsible gambling, unfortunate cases may arise. Fear not, however. We got all the resources you need to start fighting your addiction or helping a loved one dealing with the issue.
What is the first step?
You must first learn to recognise the problem. According to Help Guide, there are four signs that gambling might have gotten out of control.
Signs of problem gambling
- You gamble in secret;
- You gamble with funds that are not yours/you don’t have;
- You cannot control your urge to gamble;
- Your family and close friends are worried about you.
Recognising the hardest part
There are solutions to stop yourself from gambling. Actually, the most difficult thing is to not go back to over-spending on gambling when your self-imposed exclusion sessions have expired.
We recommend leaning on trusted people to handle your payments for a while and for you to stay away from casino sites using web filters.
The two agencies that can help
- Gamcare – a place where you can contact an expert and chat via the phone, via text, or by group chatting. They also offer courses and quizzes for you to self-assess your issue.
- GamAnon UK & Ireland – a place to visit when a family member or friend has a gambling problem that has unfortunately affected you.
The Values of Our Platform
In the quest of self-improvement, both in our work ethic and final product, we try to employ several strategies that have your best interest in mind.
Our texts are constructed over a fixed structure that includes a few essential aspects, which we never shy away from.
What we always prioritise
- Your safety.
- Your entertainment.
- Your mental and physical well-being.
We have also presented our guiding principles and the way they affect our editorial strategies. Certain unmovable principles tie together our casino experts, and we would like to be one of your trusted companions whenever you decide to gamble online.
Lastly, this page ends with a summary of resources that will help you stay balanced or, in worse cases, solve some issues you or a loved one in relation to online gambling.
In the end, we recommend you two things. First off, please do not shy away from the links and resources below, in case you are interested in a further read on any of the discussed topics.
Secondly, keep in touch with us via social media or email newsletters!