Bonus vs Free Spins: Which One is the Best for UK Players?
Bonuses or free spins – which casino incentive offers better value? According to our experts, free spins increase your winning odds by 22%. Yet, deposit bonuses may bring more to the table in certain situations. So, how do you choose the right offer? Discover the main differences between the two and make your pick with the help of our experts!
- Free Registration Bonuses vs Deposit Bonuses
- How to Calculate the Value of a Free Spins Offer
- Casino Bonuses vs Free Spins Terms
- How to Decide Between Casino Bonuses and Free Spins?
- Remember to Use Your Incentives Responsibly
- Bonus Value and Player Expectation
Free Registration Bonuses vs Deposit Bonuses
After registering at an online casino, you may get some bonuses without a deposit. Bonuses like a no-deposit bonus, free spins, or a combination offer you real value for zero risk.
Deposit bonuses are provided to players when they make their first deposit or during a promo period for bonuses on deposits.
These bonuses are usually much more significant than free bonuses on registration. Always check the casino’s terms and conditions to understand the wagering requirements.
Types of casino bonuses available to UK players
- Welcome bonus: This bonus can be claimed when you satisfy certain conditions as a new player in the casino. You can boost your winning chances with this bonus. After meeting the wagering requirement, you can withdraw your winnings.
- Free spins: Free spins allow online casino players to spin a slot game’s reels without risking their funds. Casinos can offer their users hundreds of free spins, especially during promo periods.
- No-deposit bonus: This bonus is given to casino players without making a deposit. Players can go ahead to win in real-time without depositing their money.
- Cashback bonus: Cashbacks are percentage returns of a player’s losses. Players can get specific percentages of their losses as bonuses which they can use to bet and win.
After meeting certain deposit conditions, such as a deposit amount. Casino players are offered bonuses they can win real money with.
How to Calculate the Value of a Free Spins Offer
- Identify the number of free spins the casino offers. Pay attention to how many free spins are awarded to players. For example, casino ABC offers 50 free spins upon registration.
- Know the bet level or coin value. Read the bonus terms to know the casino’s value per free spin. For example, casino ABC’s bet level is £0.2 per spin.
- Calculate the total value of the free spin. To calculate this, you multiply the free spin amount by the bet level. From the casino ABC instance above, the total value for casino ABC is 50 x 0.2, which is £10.
- Pay attention to the wagering requirement. You should know how many times you must wager your free spins winnings before you can be eligible for withdrawals.
- Identify game restrictions. Read the terms to learn if the free spin bonus can only be used with certain games or just one slot. If they only apply to certain games, confirm that these games interest you and whether they have good winning potential.
- Check the max winnings. Many online casinos set the maximum amount you can win with a free spin. You should check this amount and use it to decide if it’s within your expectations.
Casino Bonuses vs Free Spins Terms
|Bonus terms||UK Industry average conditions for Bonuses||UK Industry average conditions for free spins|
|Bonus value||100% Bonus up to £100||50 Free spins|
|Required min deposit|| ||Mostly no-deposit|
|Time limits||7-30 days||1-7 days|
|Game limitations||Different games with varying bet levels||Slots|
Bonus value: The most common bonus type in UK online casinos is the “100% Bonus up to £100.” This bonus offers you 100% of how much you deposit up to £100. The average amount for welcome bonus free spins in the UK is 50.
Required minimum deposit: UK online casino minimum deposit for welcome bonus ranges from £10 to £15. The minimum deposit among UK casinos for other promos is £50 and above. Free spins are offered as a no-deposit bonus, deposit bonus, part of the welcome bonus, or another promo.
Wagering requirements: The average wagering amount for UK online casino bonuses varies between 20x to 50x for bonuses and free spins. Check the casino bonus terms to know the specific requirements.
Time limits: Most UK casinos offer a bonus validity period of around 7 to 30 days, after which the bonus expires. The free spins time limit ranges from 24 hours to 7 days before the bonus, and its winnings expire. You should note that this time limit starts counting from the instance you are awarded the bonus/free spin.
Casinos in the UK place game limits to prevent players from exploiting casino bonuses on games with high return-to-player (RTP) rates. Free spins are limited to only slot games, but the UK casino could specify what game you can play with the free spin.
How to Decide Between Casino Bonuses and Free Spins?
- Game preference: Strategy players who prefer slot games where they apply their strategies will find free spins a significant advantage. However, if you’re a player that loves to apply methods to playing different casino games, then a casino bonus will be better.
- Winning chances: Your winning chances for both options vary. Free spins have a set value per spin; how much you can win depends on the casino’s free spin terms. Casino bonus offers a more flexible winning chance since your bonus can be applied to different games. Pick whichever bonus offers bigger winning based on promo terms and your play styles.
- Risk: Free spins offer fewer risks since most casinos offer them without deposits. Most significant casino bonuses are tied to deposits. Consider how large your pocket is when choosing between these two. Free spins are better for plays with a low budget, and high-rollers can get more with casino bonuses.
- Wagering requirement: Free spins have a higher wagering requirement than casino bonuses. If you want a bonus, you can withdraw with less playthrough requirement; then casino bonuses are the better option.
- Flexibility in choice: For players who love to play different games, casino bonuses cater better for you. Slot players can simply choose casinos that offer many free spins.
Recommended criteria: exclusivity
UK online casinos also offer bonuses exclusive to loyal players. This bonus can be a VIP offer, log-in bonus, cashback, rebates, reload bonuses and lots more. They often come with a time limit; players should check that they can satisfy the condition within that time. Casino bonus caters to games and general activities that free spins don’t.
Remember to Use Your Incentives Responsibly
You should read the bonus terms & conditions to know what is allowed and what is not. This would help you understand how to avoid bonus abuse, which could render your bonus void or your account banned if caught.
Online casinos in the UK promote a fair gambling policy. They will not hesitate to take action on players who try to gain an unfair advantage through behaviours that count as bonus abuse.
Bonus Value and Player Expectation
It’s impossible to say which bonus is better since it depends on each player’s needs, playstyle, and many other factors. However, if we are to choose a bonus that caters more for a general UK casino audience, the answer will be the casino bonus. Free spins are more suited for dedicated slot players.