Types of UK Online Casino Bonuses Explained
The world of casino bonuses is vast and has plenty to offer. Discover all the casino bonus types to make the most of your casino experience!
- Overview of Online Casino Bonuses in the UK
- No Deposit Sign-up Bonuses
- Match Welcome Bonuses
- Loyalty and Reload Rewards
- Other Bonuses
- How to Choose the Right Bonus for You?
Overview of Online Casino Bonuses in the UK
|Bonus type||Definition||Best feature||One drawback|
|Free spins||Packs of free games on specific slots||Play without losing balance||Limited range of slots|
|No deposit bonus||Extra cash to use in the casino||Play games without depositing||Many limitations attached|
|No wagering bonus||Cash bonus or free spins without wagering requirements||No more worries about wagering||Capped withdrawals|
|Match welcome bonus||A percentage reward based on your first deposit||Considerably boosts your balance||Comes with wagering requirements|
|Welcome bonus||Combination of percentage and free spins for new players||Gives you more playtime||Intricate T&Cs|
|Reload bonus||Bonuses received after spending the welcome offer||Balance boost for extended gameplay||Can prevent you from withdrawing|
|High-roller bonus||Special offer for high-value depositors||Gives you better value for considerable amounts||You need to make a significant deposit to claim it|
As can see in the table above, various types of bonuses are available for UK casino players. To successfully navigate through the many bonus categories, you have to understand what each of them implies.
- Free spins can be an ideal choice for beginners. The reels spin without you losing funds from the balance, and all earnings are added to your account. However, you may lose flexibility because sometimes you can only play the bonus on one or a few slots
- Most players would be pleased to receive a no deposit bonus, especially if it’s offered right after registration. You can play some games and get used to the main features of new casinos. But you should be realistic regarding the possibility of winning with this reward
- No wagering bonuses are some of the most sought-after promotions, as they don’t require players to gamble their earnings before withdrawing them. But you need to have an in-depth look before you access the bonus. There are usually other limitations involved, such as small earning caps
- Welcome bonuses are widely appreciated by players, as they usually consist of multiple incentives. However, they are also usually linked to wagering requirements or other limitations
- High-rolling bonuses are designed to give high-depositing players a pleasant gambling experience. While the actual match bonus could be lower, so are the wagering requirements usually
- Reload offers are an ideal offer for existing players, and it’s a good way for top online casinos to encourage gamblers to return to their platforms. However, the sum you will actually be getting back may not be significant
No Deposit Sign-up Bonuses
Most customers prefer to test out products before committing to spending real cash. This can be said about gamblers as well. No deposit sign-up bonuses allow gamblers to navigate a new platform without investing prior funds.
Are No Deposit Bonuses Free Cash?
The bonus received is free to use on games but can’t be withdrawn. The funds received can be used in order for customers to get better accustomed to the rules and features of casino games.
Should You Claim A No Deposit Bonus?
It’s never a bad idea to use one of these. As mentioned before, you can peek into how the casino works, how the games pay, and decide whether to deposit.
Match Welcome Bonuses
Match welcomes bonuses are quite straightforward. You get a bonus fund percentage of your first deposit to boost your balance and explore more games.
This is the main selling point for operators, and all try to be as competitive as possible when it comes to welcome offers.
How To Claim A Match Welcome Bonus
- Check out the available offers at various UK online casinos
- Decide on the best one for you and create an account
- Once you’re done with the registration procedure, go to the deposit section
- Register your card (or other payment methods) and make your first deposit (you may need to tick a box agreeing for the match bonus to be automatically credited)
- In some cases, you will have to contact support to claim the match welcome bonus
Pros and Cons of Match Welcome Bonuses
- Considerable boost to your balance
- It brings the ability to play more games
- It allows you to try bigger bets
- Extended playtime = bigger winning chances
- Comes with attached wagering requirements
- Playing with a bonus can limit your maximum bet options
Loyalty and Reload Rewards
Loyalty or VIP programs are different branches of rewards in the online casino bonus system. These are usually reserved for those players that stand out from the crowd.
The benefits could include loyalty points, special bonuses, a dedicated account manager, and more.
How To Qualify & Claim Loyalty Bonuses
- Register an account with an online casino
- Claim the available deals and play your favourite games
- Deposit for reload bonuses and maintain a constant activity
- You’ll receive loyalty points for the deposited or wagered amounts
- In some cases, you’ll receive an invitation to the VIP program (with additional rewards)
- Exchange the loyalty points for exclusive offers or prizes
Cashback and Its Associated Risks
Cashback is a popular casino offer type. The online casino will offer players a percentage of the total amount they have deposited, lost or earned over a specific period of time.
However, keep in mind that cashback deals usually offer small percentages.
For example, you may need to deposit £500 for a 10% cashback.
What To Know About Reload Incentives
Any reward between the welcome offer and until you become a VIP can be put into the “reload” category.
These act as boosts that the casino offers every now and then to keep you gambling.
- Birthday bonus: casinos offer personalised experiences, so marking your birthday with a gift be successful in terms of earning users’ loyalty. The birthday rewards are usually bonus funds or free spins that can be used on games
- Refer-a-friend bonus: playing at a casino is also a social experience. Bring your friends over, and you can reap the benefits. You can get small rewards whenever a new friend joins and deposits
- Free spins for adding a card: even though it’s not that popular among UK online casinos, you can get a pack of free spins when you register your first card payment method
- Offers for specific payment methods: this one is a case-by-case scenario. Some operators strike deals with payment methods (Neteller, Trustly, etc.) and give you a cashback bonus or something extra whenever you use them to add funds
How To Choose the Right Bonus for You?
You now have all the info about various offer types, their pros and downsides, and which one to pick in given situations.
If you like using promotions when gambling, you can look through our casino bonus list and use the incentives to improve your wagering experience.